We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09703301 and our registered office is at Amelia House, Crescent Road, Worthing, West Sussex, England, BN11 1QR. We are registered with the Information Commissioner as a data controller under registration number ZA147486.
- When you use our Website or complete an application form for the purpose of booking a funeral using our Website or over the telephone, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about you such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers (including mobile number), email address and your relationship to the deceased (personal information). This is information that we consider necessary or desirable so that we can properly administer your application. If you do not agree to us holding this information about you, please do not use our Website or submit an application form to us.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and (once applicable) the General Data Protection Regulation.
- You are entitled by law to ask for a copy of your personal information at any time. Please contact us using the details in paragraph entitled Contact Us. We may charge you a fee for this which shall not exceed £10. You are entitled to ask us to correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address above.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We (and our representatives) may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us including processing any order(s) you make and delivering goods to you;
- recording your calls to us for monitoring purposes;
- authorising payments and/or sending a bill to you;
- verifying your identity;
- maintaining the account you hold with us;
- ensuring that our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- providing you with information, products and/or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, or undertaking surveys or market research, where you have consented to be contacted for such a purpose;
- to contact the winners of our competitions and to help us plan other promotional activity;
- to carry out marketing analysis and make general improvements to the Website;
- notifying you about a change to our Website or services; and
- If you do not want us to contact you in the way set out at paragraph 1.7 above you can "opt out" by indicating this when submitting email forms on the Website or by contacting us as described below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You consent to us (and our representatives) disclosing your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- for the performance of a contract with you were we are required to share your personal information with a doctor, Coroner, and/or crematoria in order to make arrangements for the cremation;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply such other terms as apply to our relationship, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, ourselves or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
RETENTION, UPDATING AND REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Where you provide us with personal information during the course of your usage of the Website or our services, we may retain this information for future use, including:
- for record keeping purposes, such as keeping a record of orders that you place;
- to provide on-going services.
- The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why it was submitted. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long term basis: for example, basic personal information about you will normally be retained for so long as you maintain an account with us, and personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained for at least six years in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal information that we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should check it on a regular basis. If you wish to update any of the personal information that we hold about you please contact us using the details below and, where appropriate, we will update the relevant personal information for you.
- You may in certain circumstances be entitled to request the erasure of personal information that we hold on you. To make a request of this nature, please contact us, providing full details of the personal information you want to be erased and the reason(s) for your request. We will consider all requests upon receipt and confirm to you whether we are able to agree to your request.
- Please be aware that the erasure of personal information that we hold about you may affect our ability to provide the Website and the services associated with it to you and in some cases our acceptance of an erasure request may require your account to be closed.
- Certain parts of the Website use "cookies" to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer's hard-drive when you visit such websites. Cookies can contain information such as your user ID and the pages you have visited. The only personal information a cookie contains is information that you have personally supplied.
- In common with most websites, our Website logs various information about visitors, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring / exit pages and date / time stamp.
- We may use this information to analyse trends, administer the Website, track your movement around the Website and gather broad demographic information.
- The Website has numerous security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control, such as passwords and firewalls. We cannot, however, guarantee that these measures are, or will remain, adequate. We do, however, take data security seriously and will use our reasonable endeavours to protect the integrity of the information you provide.
- If you register to use secured parts of the Website, in particular if you have an online account with us, you may be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us immediately at the address provided below. If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account until your identity has been verified and the account has been satisfactorily secured.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ISSUES AND COMPLAINTS
- In the unlikely event that you have any concerns about how your personal information is being used, please contact us as described below. This includes situations where you want to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information, restrictions to be placed around how we use your personal information, or to object to a particular use.
- If you make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, it will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints handling procedure. In the first instance it will be reviewed by our customer care team who will respond to you within 28 days. If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request that your complaint be escalated, in which case it will be passed to a senior person in our business who will review your complaint and the initial response and provide a further response within 28 days of your request to escalate the matter.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for more information.