We're setting the standard for this style of service:
Complete peace of mind
With funeral costs rising faster than inflation, it really makes sense to fix the cost of your cremation today.
The Pure Cremation Plan has been designed around our simple, cremation-only service so you won’t pay for anything you don’t want or need.
Our plan includes hand-delivery of the ashes back to your family at no extra cost. You can even choose to spread the payments to suit your budget, starting at just £31.90 per month for a 5-year instalment programme.
If you already have the finances covered you can still leave priceless instructions via our FREE Record of Wishes Service to nominate Pure Cremation to look after you when the time comes. Call our helpful team for more information.
Compare traditional and direct cremations
- Total Price
- Transfer from hospital
- Transfer from home or nursing home
- Transport to crematorium
- Cremation fees
- Doctors' fees
- Return of ashes
- 24/7 support
- Total Price £3,700
- Transfer from hospital In an estate car or private ambulance
- Transfer from home or nursing home from £200
- Coffin from £200
- Transport to crematorium Hearse transport included
- Cremation fees from £800
- Doctors' fees + £164
- Return of ashes Collect from branch
- 24/7 support
- Ceremony On day of cremation
- Total Price £1,195
- Transfer from hospital In a modern, specially adapted and branded private ambulance
- Transfer from home or nursing home + £250
- Coffin Included
- Transport to crematorium Included
- Cremation fees Included
- Doctors' fees Included
- Return of ashes Hand delivery to you
- 24/7 support
- Ceremony When & where you choose
- GUARANTEED PROFESSIONAL FEES for the following elements:
- Collection from anywhere in mainland England or Wales, day or night
- Transfer to the crematorium
- A solid pine eco-coffin
- Hand delivery of the ashes to any mainland address in England or Wales within 28 days of the cremation OR scattering of the ashes in the Garden of Remembrance
- Your plan also includes a contribution towards
- Doctors’ fees (if these apply)
- Cremation fees for an unattended committal at the crematorium of our choice.
- An administration fee (£350) for setting up your plan, generating your documents and keeping your money safe
If you change your mind within 14 days of purchase you will get a 100% refund; cancellation after this will result in a refund of the monies paid, minus the administration fee that applied at the time of purchase.
What you’ll receive
Within 14 days of taking out your plan you’ll receive your document pack which contains:
- A letter thanking you for choosing the Pure Cremation Pre-Paid Plan
- A Plan Summary outlining exactly what is covered and a record of your payment(s)
- A Record of Wishes featuring contact details for you and your next of kin as well as any special requests you may have made
- A Plan Certificate with your unique plan number
- A My Funeral Wishes card to keep in your purse or wallet so everyone knows who to call when the time comes
Direct Cremation – how it works
A direct cremation is the funeral industry term for a basic cremation with minimal cost outlay and no services or ceremony performed before the cremation. You may also hear a direct cremation referred to as an immediate cremation, a basic cremation or a simple cremation. We call it Pure Cremation. It all means the same thing.
Below are the key things you need to know about direct cremation:
- A direct cremation involves no funeral service. There is no viewing of the deceased or farewell ceremony conducted. Usually there are no mourners present, although we offer a limited attendance option for a small additional charge.
- No embalming is required before a direct cremation. [If the deceased had a pace-maker we will need to remove it]
- You don’t need an expensive coffin. We’ve carefully chosen a low cost, solid wood eco coffin.
- The cremation takes place at a facility convenient to the funeral provider and is unlikely to be local to you. You won’t be able to choose the time, location or date of the cremation although at Pure Cremation we always ask whether there are special dates such as birthdays or anniversaries you’d like us to avoid.
- Direct cremation is a positive family choice and a much cheaper alternative to traditional funerals.
Although it is sometimes called an ‘simple cremation’, a direct cremation has the same legal paperwork requirements and cannot proceed until all this is in order. Documents must be submitted to the crematorium at least 48 hours before the cremation takes place.
Why choose The Pure Group
This is an important decision and you need to be confident that you’ve chosen the right people to look after your money, your arrangements and the people you love.
Here are just some of the reasons why thousands of people each year entrust us with their future arrangements and loved ones:
- You will be looked after by professionals with more than 30 years’ experience in funeral service
- This distinctive alternative to traditional funerals will be carried out with all the dignity and care you deserve
- With a Pure Cremation you will save up to 60% compared to the cost of a traditional funeral
- Our prices are simple and transparent, with no hidden costs
- We’re here for you 24hrs a day, 7-days a week and you’ll get good advice to help choose what’s best for you
- We have a 4.9/5 customer review rating and are very proud of the customer feedback that frequently mentions “kindness” and “compassion”
Download our free guide
People have lots of questions about funerals and pre-paid plans. After all it's not something that we talk about every day. Our useful guide offers invaluable advice to help you make informed decisions on your future.